Our Commitment for the Environment
The Group’s vision is to maintain a leading role in the tourism industry by delivering high quality services and ensuring a flawless hospitality experience for its guests, all in a sustainable manner. To this end, we adopt and implement responsible policies, with a view to minimizing our environmental footprint.
We respect, preserve and showcase the valuable natural resources of our destinations, granting future generations their right to an unspoiled natural environment and cultural heritage, as well as the conditions for their own prosperity.
The results of our efforts are granted back to the local communities that foster our growth, according to their unique needs.
For our advanced practices, all of our 17 hotels and resorts have been awarded with the “Green Key” quality eco-label for tourism.
Reduction of Carbon Footprint
- Use of low-consumption light bulbs and energy saving devices.
- Use of electric golf type cars for our guests and the transportation of goods.
- Exploitation of mild forms of energy, with a view to reduced oil consumption in hotels.
- Use of new type air conditioners and heat pumps for cooling and heating.
- Use of propane to washers and dryers and heat pump in hot water heating, propane in ovens and fireplaces in kitchens.
- Minimal use of asbestos in the construction of buildings, and removal during renovations.
- Monthly energy consumption recording and recordkeeping.
- Use of insulating window frames, manufactured with recyclable materials.
- Classification of hotel complexes and insulating their conduct on energy efficiency class b buildings.
Protection of Water Resources
- Plants with resistance to drought and minimum watering needs featured in our hotel gardens.
- Use of automatic watering always at night with the least possible water consumption.
- Production of drinking water by the method of reverse osmosis, covering our hotels’ overall needs.
- Operation of higher processing biological station in some hotels.
- 100% recycling of produced water.
- Taps and showers with water reducers and dual flush cisterns.
- Environmentally friendly awareness campaigns for personnel and guests, such as the “wash on demand” system.
- Selection and supply of certified ecological products for housekeeping, kitchen detergents, dish washers and washing machines.
- Scrutiny of food raw material receipt by organized F&B section.
- Daily thorough waste collection with special emphasis on recycling.
- Monthly chemical and microbiological testing of drinking water.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of the filters of our units, air-conditioners and ventilation units.
- Implementation of three daily inspections and cleaning of swimming pools water by skilled maintenance staff.
- Daily and frequent cleaning of sea shores during the summer months by qualified personnel and with appropriate equipment.
Preservation of Natural Resources
- Planting of seasonal plants and large turf surfaces to expand the existing natural environment in the Group’s hotels.
- Absolute respect for the preservation of the region’s wealth and population in the hundreds of birds that enjoy the flora of our Hotels.
- Supply of local certified goods, seasonal products, less meat products and a ban on the supply of products derived from endangered fish, seafood or other species.
Recycling and Composting
We implement a comprehensive recycling programme for paper and packaging materials, glass, plastic, aluminum, electric appliances, biowaste, used oils, soaps, inks and toners, in cooperation with certified suppliers. Special recycling bins are installed throughout the length of our beaches, while our guests are urged to participate in our recycling efforts.